Monday, May 13, 2013

Self-Therapy for Singleness

One of the greatest ways I have found to deal with any stressful or confusing situation is to laugh about it.  This is not an attempt to deny the reality of the pain (although I've done my share of that too), but it does require conscious effort to rejoice in all things and to express faith that God has a plan that we cannot see.  When we choose to use humor in this way - with a heart full of faith that God is working out His plan - our lives are filled with joy and peace.

Humor is also a great way to deal with things that make us feel angry.  

For example, I was reading a blog the other day that was written by a perfectly normal-sounding Christian lady who was about 7 years younger than me.  She was expressing her frustration over being single and the lack of quality gentlemen in her social circle.  This is a well-known problem that is filling up Christian singles groups all over America with masses of attractive, highly intelligent, highly motivated young ladies (if you weren't aware of this disturbing phenomenon, please see this article).

Anyway, this young woman was writing very genuinely from her heart and expressing her angst over her unfulfilled desire to be married (a feeling I resonate with completely), but then a 57-yr-old woman who was recently divorced came on the blog on several different occasions and suggested to this young lady that she might want to consider getting some counseling.  She said, "It's not that there's anything wrong with you, it's just that sometimes we don't see things about ourselves that are turning other people off."  

Really????  I wonder if that lady had ever taken herself up on her own advice.

As I mentioned in the last post, there are things that people say to Christian singles that only bring them more pain and that was a prime example of one such statement.

I cyber punch you!(Made by me on Pixton.com)

And now I feel better.

Sometimes it helps to take your vengeance out on the World Wide Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment